2017 Northern California Okaigan Dojo Tournament
Date: May 07, 2017 to May 07, 2017
$50.00 for one event, $10.00 for each additional event
Team Kata or Team Kumite $60.00 per three member team
Tournament Contact Information:
Venue & Location:
Fremont High School
1279 Sunnyvale-Saratoga Road
Sunnyvale, CA 95051
Style of Martial Art: Traditional Karate
Sanctioned by: USANKF
Tournament Sponsor: Tiger Claw
Tournament Info Packet: Open
USA-NKF Rules of Competition (modified)
Uniforms: White traditional karate gi.
KUMITE: Mouthguard Mandatory, groin protector (males) Mandatory, .
red & blue fist pads OR White fist pads
red & blue belts optional in Beg/Nov division Recc in Intr and above.
Advanced & Elite divisions shin Insteps are mandatory.
Head gear and chest protectors are optional.
For more information regarding equipment and rules please refer to website www.usankf.org
$6.00 per person - children 5 years and under admitted free. May purchase spectator pass May 6th (sat) at Okaigan Dojo from 9-1:00pm. Otherwise spectator passes will be sold day of tournament
SEMINAR SITE: SAT MAY 6TH
Okaigan Dojo 19720 Stevens Creek Blvd Cupertino CA 95014
ATHLETE CHECK IN: Sunday, day of tournament, from 8:00 AM to 8:45 AM
SNACK SHACK: There will be a snack shack with some items available for purchase.
CONTACT: Mary Crawford 408-257-4116 or Crawford@okaigan.com
Schedule of Events 7:30 am Doors Open
7:30-9:00 am credential pick up
8:15 am Referee Meeting
9:00 am Tournament Begins
9:10 am 5 and under kata
9:10 am All Weapons Divisions
9:10 am 18-34 Kata followed by Ages 12/13, 14/15, 16/17
By clicking the "I Agree" you are electronically signing this agreement indicating that you have read, and understood the terms and conditions, refund policy, and release of liability, you are 18 years of age or older or the parent or legal guardian of the minor registering for this tournament or event. In the case of registering a minor you attest that the name entered as the parent or legal guardian is the name of the person accepting the agreement and you are in fact the parent or legal guardian of the registered minor.
Adult & Minor Amateur Athletic Waiver and Release of Liability
Inconsideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the USA National Karate-do Federation athletics/sports program, and
related events and activities, the undersigned:
1.Agrees that prior to participating, they (if under 18) Parent or Guardian, will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if the participant and or Parent or Guardian, believes anything is unsafe, they will immediately advise their coach or supervisor or USA National Karate-do Federation or Sports, Fitness & Karate Inc./ Okaigan Dojo personnel of such condition(s) and refuse to participate.
2. Acknowledge and fully understand that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury,
including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses, which might result not only from their own actions, inaction ‘s or negligence but the actions, inaction's or negligence of others, the rules of play, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, that there may be other risks not known to us or not reasonably foreseeable at this time. Assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability or death.
3. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue The Sports, Fitness & Karate Inc., dba Okaigan Dojo, The USA National Karate-do Federation, Fremont High School, its officers, its affiliated clubs, regional sports organizations, their respective administrators, directors. Agents, coaches and other
employees of the organization, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessees of premises used to conduct the event, all of which are hereinafter referred to as “releases” from any and all liability to each of the
undersigned, his or her heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages on account of injury including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the release or otherwise.
4. All entries are final, no refunds will he given. I fully understand that any medical treatment given will be of first aid treatment type only. I consent that any pictures furnished by me or any pictures taken of me 'in connection with the Tournament can be used for publicity, promotion or television showing now or in the future, and I waive compensation in regard thereto. All participants in any event or class in this Tournament is by permission only. The Director or his authorized agent(s) reserve the right to refuse entry to any person, school, team or club.
5. PLEASE NOTE: All athletes must be covered by health or medical insurance in order to compete. Participant Secondary
Medical Insurance is included as a benefit of USA-NKF membership.
6. Statement of Health. By me and/or Parent/Guardian's signature below I confirm that I am in sound health and there is no reason why I cannot participate in this championship and/or event.
The undersigned has read the above waiver and release, understand that they have given up substantial rights by signing it and sign it voluntarily.