Oregon State Championship/National Qualifier
Date: May 13, 2017 to May 13, 2017
With Current Annual USA-NKF Membership
$30 for one event
$5 for each additional event
No Charge for three member team.
Teams encouraged to sign up at tournament site
With One-Day USA-NKF Membership
$35 for one event (includes one-day USA-NKF membership)
$5 for each additional event
No Charge for three member team .
No spectator fees
Tournament Contact Information:
Venue & Location:
Multnomah Athletic Club
1849 SW Salmon Street
Portland, OR 97006
Style of Martial Art: Traditional Japanese Karate
Sanctioned by: USA-NKF of Oregon
Tournament Sponsor: USA-NKF
Tournament Org Membership: USANKF
Dear Sensei, Athletes and Officials:
You are cordially invited to attend the Oregon State Championship and 2017 USA-NKF Qualifier on Saturday, May 13th at Multnomah Athletic Club in downtown Portland, Oregon. The event is open to all athletes who would like to compete in a high-caliber tournament with qualified officials and is mandatory for those who hope to qualify for the USANKF National Championships and Team Trials in Greenville, South Carolina in July 2017.
As your Oregon State ASO, I look forward to a fine event with many outstanding competitors. Individual participation and support are critical to a successful federation and I ask that you join me on tournament day as a competitor, official, volunteer or spectator. For athletes who have already qualified for the USA National Championship this event will provide you with valuable "mat time" in a competitive event. Competitors do not need to compete to qualify for our National Championship. This is also and excellent event for athletes new to competition and for those who just enjoy the competitive aspect of karate. Rules will be in accordance with USANKF rules with modifications in equipment and officials responsibilities.
I welcome and apprecitate the participation of officials with all levels of certfification. Dress will be in accordance with USANKF rules consisting of gray slacks, blue blazer, white shirt, tie, blue/black socks and black shoes. There will be an officials meeting at 9:30 with the tournament beginning promptly at 10am.
For more information regarding equipment and rules, please refer to www.usankf.org and click Official Resources.
USA-NKF of Oregon
By clicking the "I Agree" you are electronically signing this agreement indicating that you have read and understood the release of liability, you are 18 years of age or older or the parent or legal guardian of the minor registering for this tournament or event. In the case of registering a minor you attest that the name entered as the parent or legal guardian is the name of the person accepting the agreement and you are in fact the parent or legal guardian of the registered minor.
Adult & Minor Amateur Athletic Waiver and Release of Liability
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the USA National Karate-do Federation athletics/sports program, and related events and activities, the undersigned:
1. Agrees that prior to participating, they (if under 18) Parent or Guardian, will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if the participant and or Parent or Guardian, believes anything is unsafe, they will immediately advise their coach or supervisor or USA National Karate‑do Federation or Japan Karate Federation Northwest personnel of such condition(s) and refuse to participate.
2. Acknowledge and fully understand that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from their own actions, inaction ‘s or negligence but the actions, inaction's or negligence of others, the rules of play, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, that there may be other risks not known to us or not reasonably foreseeable at this time. Assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability or death.
3. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue The USA National Karate‑do Federation, Multnomah Athletic Club , its officers, its affiliated clubs, regional sports organizations, their respective administrators, directors. agents, coaches and other employees of the organization, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessees of premises used to conduct the event, all of which are hereinafter referred to as “releasees” from any and all liability to each of the undersigned, his or her heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages on account of injury including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releasee or otherwise.
4. All entries are final, no refunds will he given. I fully understand that any medical treatment given will be of a first aid treatment type only. I consent that any pictures furnished by me or any pictures taken of me 'in connection with the Tournament can be used for publicity, promotion or television showing now or in the future, and I waive compensation in regard thereto. All participants in any event or class in this Tournament is by permission only. The Director or his authorized agent(s) reserve the right to refuse entry
to any person, school, team or club.
5. PLEASE NOTE: All athletes must be covered by health or medical insurance in order to compete. Participant Secondary Medical Insurance is included as a benefit of USA‑NKF membership. Non members without medical insurance coverage may obtain Secondary, Medical Insurance for $50.00, which includes 2010 membership in the USA‑NKF. Please see Registration Desk personnel for necessary' forms.
6. Statement of Health. By my and/or Parent/Guardian's signature below I confirm that I am in sound health and there is no reason why I cannot participate in this championship and/or event.
The undersigned has read the above waiver and release, understand that they have given up substantial rights by signing it and sign it voluntarily.